View our practice areas

What should I do if I think I sustained a work injury in Minnesota?

Immediately report the incident to your employer and seek medical attention. It is very important that you provide a history of the work injury to every medical professional who treats you for your injury. Don't assume they are aware of the nature of your injury! If it's not an emergency situation ask to complete a first report of injury. If you required emergency room treatment or hospitalization, as soon as possible request that the employer file a first report of injury.

Be sure your doctor or chiropractor provides you with written work restrictions. Provide a copy of these restrictions to your employer. It is very important that you follow your doctor's recommendations. If the employer refuses to provide you with a first report of injury, contact workers' compensation attorney Thomas Atkinson, who will provide you with the paperwork necessary to report and file a first report of injury with the state of Minnesota.

Contact Our Minneapolis/St. Paul Workers' Compensation Attorneys

To schedule a free initial consultation, contact Atkinson Gerber Law Office at 651-333-3636. We can be reached 24/7 with our after-hours answering service and are available to schedule consultations to meet at your convenience. We are happy to make home, hospital and off-site consultations by appointment.