If you work in Minnesota and have been injured on the job, it's important to understand the benefits of having an experienced workers' compensation lawyer representing your interests.
Sure, if your incident was relatively minor you may have little issue reporting the accident and obtaining compensation to help with your recovery. But what if your claim is denied? Or perhaps the compensation you received didn't cover all your bills? Instead of trying to address these and other workers' comp-related issues on your own, our team at Atkinson Gerber Law Office, can help. We have years of experience helping Minnesota workers from across a broad range of industries. Furthermore, as a former insurance company attorney, firm founder Thomas Atkinson understands both sides of these claims and can provide the comprehensive representation necessary to help clients get the compensation and benefits they deserve.
How do I know it's time to talk to an attorney?
If you've been injured at work or you are suffering from ailments that gradually developed because of work-related responsibilities, it doesn't hurt to talk with a lawyer who can offer some insights into your options. Depending on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries, a lawyer can help you understand what you're entitled to while guiding you through the entire process.
Below are a few common workers' comp issues our team can help you resolve:
· You've been injured at work and need to file a workers' comp claim
· Your claim has been denied and you need to file an appeal
· Your benefits have been delayed
· Your benefits have suddenly been withheld
· The benefits or compensation you received failed to cover all your medical bills or other accident-related expenses
· You are worried about your employer, boss or coworkers retaliating against you for reporting your incident or taking time away from work to heal
· Your injuries prevent you from going back to work or potentially ever working again in the future
· A third-party contributed to your accident (filing a third-party claim)
From filing an initial workers' comp claim to guiding you through the appeals process, an attorney can make sure you are treated fairly, that your forms are completed properly, that you meet deadlines, and ultimately, have the support you need so you can focus on getting better.
If you have questions about workers' compensation benefits, take a moment and call Atkinson Gerber Law Office, to learn more.