View our practice areas

Do I have to treat with a company doctor?

In most cases, an injured worker is free to choose his or her own doctor. Usually after an injured worker has treated with a physician two to three times, that physician is considered to be the employee's treating physician and a motion must be filed to change the treating physician. However, you are entitled to a second opinion and/or change of physician. Contact Minneapolis workers' compensation attorney Thomas Atkinson from Atkinson Gerber Law Office to ensure you get the doctor of your choice rather than an advocate working on behalf of the insurance company.

Contact Our Minneapolis/St. Paul Workers' Compensation Attorneys

To schedule a free initial consultation, contact Atkinson Gerber Law Office at 651-333-3636. We can be reached 24/7 with our after-hours answering service and are available to schedule consultations to meet at your convenience. We are happy to make home, hospital and off-site consultations by appointment.